October brings a series of meetings to southwestern Virginia concerning the biblical archaeology research work at Anchor Stone International. The meetings will be held in Floyd County, which is situated along the Blue Ridge Parkway not far from the North Carolina border with Virginia.
Led by Anchor Stone director Jerry Bowen, the 12-meeting series will cover a variety of topics, with the bulk of the seminars occurring on Saturday, October 11th, 2008.
- Monday, October 6th, 7 p.m.: The Stones Crying Out
- Wedensday, October 8th, 7 p.m.: God’s Prophetic Clock
- Friday, October 10th, 7 p.m.: The Discovery of Noah’s Ark
- Saturday, October 11th, 11:00 am: Sodom and Gomorrah
- Saturday, October 11th, 1:15-2:30 pm: The Great Pyramid
- Saturday, October 11th, 2:45-4:00 pm: The Red Sea Crossing Site
- Saturday, October 11th, 4:00-5:00 pm: Q&A Session
- Saturday, October 11th, 6:45-8:00 pm: The Real Mount Sinai
The meetings will take place in the Floyd County Library Community Room, located on Rt 221 just south of the sole traffic light in downtown Floyd. Lodging is available in the area at reasonable rates (click here for a list). With the fall colors just reaching their peak, the second week of October is sure to be a beautiful time to take in the scenery AND learn more about what the Lord is telling the world through the preservation and re-discovery of these Biblical sites.
For more information call Jerry Bowen at (540) 250-6870.